Saturday, April 16, 2011

Flowers Are The Things We Know

Anabela & Geoff run Fieldguided from their home in Canada.  Their screen-printed tote bags are made from quality canvas & ink, and are crafted with lots of love (as if it wasn't obvious enough how much love goes into these creations, the bags are even packaged beautifully).
They also run a blog, which is filled with tons of inspiration & snapshots from around their house of plants, clothing finds & of course, cats!
I ordered one of their totes, with a dreamy quote taken from Lee Hazlewood & Nancy Sinatra's "Some Velvet Morning."  I had ordered a few boxes of Rit Dye, which I have been planning to play around with, and being inspired with Fieldguided's own dye experiment, I decided to try dip-dying the tote on my own.
I used tan Rit Dye for a more natural look.  I am really happy with how it turned out (imperfections and all), and I can't wait to use this technique again soon!  Thank you to Fieldguided.
P.S. I was pretty gentle during the dying process and I wouldn't recommend putting the tote in the washer or dryer.  All washing should be done by hand.
P.S. Here is the song that the quote on the bag is from

No comments:

Post a Comment