Friday, April 1, 2011

90 degrees

It was 90 degrees in Los Angeles today.  Yeah, I know that I just returned from Palm Springs and this may be entirely hypocritical, but honestly, I can't stand hot weather.  I don't want my life to feel like a 24/7 vacation. I feel happy when I wear scarves and thick socks.  When it's this warm outside, I don't take anything seriously and I make bad decisions.  I like feeling frigid and thinking frigid.  It's safe.  It's cozy.  It's not summer, where I feel obligated to start drinking margaritas at 10am and spend an entire day in the sun, where my skin ends up turning the color of a Julia Child's Lobster Thermidor.
It's also making me feel bi-polar because I'm supposed to be packing for a ski trip to Mammoth tomorrow.  I feel confused...and sweaty.  Very, very sweaty.
Today, I listened to this 'Surf City' song 1,000 times in a row and thought about all the amazing things I want to do to make this summer the most amazing summer possible: road trips, waterfall hikes, bbq's, outdoor movie screenings, beach trips, water balloon fights, craft nights, surfing sessions, camping trips, girl's dinner parties, dance parties, picnics, dodger's games, weekend getaways, home-made popsicles, slip-n-slides, backyard hangouts, hammocks, etc.



'See How The Sun' by Surf City (from New Zealand)

No comments:

Post a Comment